The Director of Music Ministry is a professional who holds credentials in music and has a thorough understanding of the Roman Catholic liturgy. This person must be a person of faith, responsible for effective planning, coordinating, and execution of music within the liturgical celebrations of Holy Family. He or She is to have a vision of how we can develop out potential.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborates with Pastor and Pastoral Staff to integrate his or her own area of responsibility with the overall parish endeavor.
- Directs the choir, selects music appropriate for the liturgical celebration.
- Being able to read music, and play by ear is preferred.
- Rehearsal once a week with the choir.
- Provides the congregation words to be able to pray and sing along with the choir. On occasion, perhaps less familiar songs could be rehearsed with the congregation prior to Mass.
- Aware of the great cultural diversity of Holy Family, knowledgeable and comfortable with church music in all forms and styles for the congregation.
- Compensation will be based on hours actually worked.
Please Contact Fr Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
FYI Holy Family has 2 pianos, 2 electric organs and 3 pipe organs.